October 27, 2015
1. Leadership Training: Disciplined to be responsible for activities, resources and people.
2. Teamwork: Able to work in a diverse and dynamic group of people.
3. Team Leaders: Skills to analyze any given project and execute it with precision.
4. Work under Pressure and Deadlines: Effectively do the job, do it right the first time and do it timely.
5. Give and Follow Directions: Accountable for their actions and for the actions of those in their charge.
6. Drug Free: Those with an honorable discharge are certified drug free.
7. Security Clearance: Many achieve some level of security clearance which demonstrates trustworthiness.
8. Systematic Planning and Organization: The ability to participate, direct or establish systematic planning.
9. Emphasis on Safety: Understand the considerable cost in lives, property and objectives when safety is ignored.
10. Records and Personnel Administration: Keep accurate records and complete paperwork.
11. Conform to Rules and Structure: Follow rules every day in their work environment.
12 . Flexibility and Adaptability: Able to analyze and change to meet objectives.
13. Self-Direction: Take directions and follow through without constant supervision.
14. Education: At least a G.E.D. and many have college credits or degrees.
15. Initiative: Ability to take initiative in a variety of settings.
16. Strong Work Habits: The training they complete instills pride, enthusiasm and perseverance in their work.
17. Commitment to Excellence: Continually strive to surpass standards of quality for themselves and their units.
18. Global Outlook: Service throughout the world broadens their outlook regarding customs, economies, languages and cultures.
19. Client and Service-Oriented: Their jobs are to facilitate, explain and expedite their patrons’ and clients’ needs, wants and actions.
20. Concerned about Community: A vested interest in their community and family environment.
21. Specialized Training: Advanced training and specialization in various fields.
As seen on Utah’s Patriot Partnership ‘MAKE THE PLEDGE’ campaign [to support our Veterans]