This position is with a company who are power generation specialists,
located in the Phoenix Arizona area.
Job Description: Master Technician
Candidate at this level must possess leadership qualities. Promote company and present a professional image, provide mentoring and guidance for subordinate technicians. Possess a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, observe all company safety regulations, and follow employee handbook guidelines.
Position reports to: Service Technician Foreman, Service Operations Manager
Pay Grade: MT1 Probationary Period – 90 Days
Duties/Responsibilities: All FT1 Duties
- Preventative maintenance, load bank, field diagnosis, repair and testing of Critical Site, and Life Support Generators 100kW – 2000kW, Stand alone and Paralleling.
- Troubleshoot at the Paralleling level PLC and Control Panels.
- Diagnosis and repair of related electrical components: Paralleling switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches, Distribution gear, Transformers, Service Panels.
- Operation, Programming, Fault Diagnosis Generac MPS, CanBus Technology.
- Perform multi-generator warranty, start-up and commissioning
- Complete overhaul, repair, and diagnostic capabilities: Small/Large Bore Diesel and Natural Gas Engines.
- Shop/Field fabrication, welding, pipe threading, etc.
- Large Bore Engine Overhaul.
- Commercial I, II Certifications.
- Industrial Certification.
- GenLink DCP
- MPS Certification.
- EGSA Certification.
- Generac Master Technician Certification.
- 3-year FT1 experience or equivalent.
- OSHA 10
- NFPA 70E – ARC FLASH
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Good customer service/communication skills.
- Extensive/Proficient-experience/knowledge of D/C and A/C electrical systems.
- Extensive/Proficient-experience/knowledge of Generator operation, controls, maintenance and repairs.
- Extensive/Proficient-knowledge of Diesel, Natural Gas, LP Vapor engine overhaul, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
- Fabrication experience: welding, pipe threading, etc
- Forklift certification or equivalent experience.
- Valid drivers license – Clean driving record.
- Ability to drive large trucks and tow equipment.
- Provide/Maintain personal hand tools.
- US citizenship – required.
- High School Diploma, GED – Preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to pass Background check, Physical and Drug screen – Required.
- After hours On-Call – Required.
- Heavy lifting and physical exertion- Required.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) – Preferred.
- Ability to work irregular hours / overtime.
- Occasional out of town projects.