This position is with a crane company,
located in the Phoenix Arizona area.
Job Description: Crane Operator
This position is responsible for performing the lift safely based upon weather conditions and the capacity of the crane utilizing knowledge of load charts and crane capacity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for operating, inspecting and maintaining the crane.
- Utilize knowledge of load charts and crane capacity to perform the lift safely according to the unique characteristics of the crane.
- Inspect the work site conditions prior to setting up the crane.
- Perform daily DOT inspections as required.
- Ensure all crane permits and certifications are current.
- Know and understand the standard hand signals for controlling crane operations
- Responsible for reading operator’s manual for all equipment operated.
- Perform daily maintenance and inspections per operator’s manual.
- Responsible for keeping proper tools on hand for the crane(s).
- Fill out and obtain signature on short term lease agreements at the beginning of each day.
- Obtain signature on short term lease agreements at the end of each day.
- Complete time-cards each day.
- Complete daily/weekly inspections as required.
- Turn in all paperwork to dispatch in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Play an active role in the development of the safety culture, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- Valid DOT medical card.
- Valid NCCCO certification or equivalent for operating crane.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of hand signals.
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-through skills.
- High level of accountability, discipline, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Forklift certified preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification through accredited program.
The Crane Operator will be supervised by the superintendent and dispatch while at any company facility and by the job-site supervisor while at the job-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will frequently be required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Health & Safety Handbook. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.